Media Technology, LLC (“Media Technology”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
– The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, use, and/or access the KeyComm mobile application (the “App”) along with any other website associated with the App and Media Technology, however accessed (collectively, the “Service”).
– Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Service in e-mail, text, uploads, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Service.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
– We collect offline; or
– You provide to or is collected by any third party;
These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
The App is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at:
Davis Law, PLC Att: General Counsel, Media Technology, LLC 1403 Greenbrier Pkwy., Suite 250
We collect information from and about users of our Service:
– Directly from you when you provide it to us.
– Automatically when you use the Service.
When you download, install, use, and/or access the Service, we may ask you provide information:
– By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, GPS coordinates and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”personal information”).
– That is about you but individually does not identify you. This information includes:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Service and posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Service.
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
– Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
– Details of transactions you carry out through the Service. You may be required to provide financial information depending on how you use the Service.
– Your search queries on the Service.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (”Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Service (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that by Posting User Contributions, your User Contributions may be viewed by any other users of the Service and potentially non-users, should such User Contributions become published by a media outlet.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
-Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Service.
-Web Beacons. Pages of the Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Media Technology, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
When you download, install, use, and/or access the Service, it may use technology to automatically collect:
– Usage Details. When you access and use the Service, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Service, including traffic data, location data, GPS coordinates, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Service.
– Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
-Stored Information and Files. The Service also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
– Location Information. This Service collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download, install, use, and/or access the Service or delete it from your device.
When you use the Service or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
– Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
– Analytics companies.
– Your mobile device manufacturer.
– Your mobile service provider.
– Your internet service provider.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
– Provide you with the Service and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
– Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
– Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– Notify you when Service updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
– Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
– Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests.
– Speed up your searches.
– Recognize you when you use the Service.
We may use location information we collect to allow other Service Users and media outlets to identify the location of relevant posted media as to allow a smoother experience for getting information about current events. We may disclose your location to Media Outlets if you allow us to on the App, and we may disclose the location of the User Contribution to anyone.
We may also use your information to contact you should any of your User Contributions be sold by a media outlet. For more information, please see our End User License Agreement (“EULA”).
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide:
– To our subsidiary, parent, and affiliate companies.
– To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
– To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Media Technology’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Media Technology about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
– For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
– With your consent.
– To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
– To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Service EULA.
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Media Technology, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information
– Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Service may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Service, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable on the Service nonetheless or in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Service users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Service, including User Contributions, is governed by our EULA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service like the comment sections of User Contributions. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Davis Law, PLC Att: General Counsel, Media Technology, LLC 1403 Greenbrier Pkwy., Suite 250 Chesapeake, VA 23320